Date(s) - 25/03/2020 - 26/03/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Guadalajara Expo Center
This course will address the science and engineering of anodizing and chemical conversion coating of aluminum. The 2-day course will be taught by an industry expert who has successfully run ﬁnishing operations in this industry segment, and who is currently a lead NADCAP Auditor for chemical processing.
Beginning with aluminum metallurgy, the course will review anodizing processing for sulfuric acid anodizing, chromic acid anodizing and chemical conversion coatings. The perspective is of this training will be directly addressing speciﬁc aerospace processing speciﬁcations and will convey the various distinctions necessary to comply with the requirements of Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Lockheed and others. The instructor is accredited by Nadcap in the areas of certiﬁcation preparation, aerospace contract review, root cause/corrective actions, and statistical process control.
- To understand the science and engineering of chemical processes used to modify and enhance surface properties & performance.
- To provide knowledge of the anodizing process and the important differences between chromating, anodizing and plating with particular reference to the importance of the alloy (metal) and the process solutions and chemistry involved.
- To facilitate the understanding of preparation, processing and stripping of chromating and various types of anodizing and their effects on the ﬁnal product properties.
- An understanding of key lot and periodic tests and their signiﬁcance.
- To provide a chemical approach for better understanding of importance of written instructions and procedures.
- To illustrate the value of records and their review.
About the Instructor
Bill Corcoran entered the aerospace industry the nineties as President and CEO of Katahdin Industries, Inc., the parent company of three ﬁnishing and technology companies in Massachusetts. One division, Duralectra, was one of the larger anodizing operations in New England and a supplier of anodizing services to the aerospace industry. Corcoran quickly moved to obtain Nadcap accreditation for the company.
With Nadcap accreditation, the companies under his management became prominent special process suppliers to companies such as Raytheon, Honeywell, Boeing and Harris Corporation. Katahdin was sold in 2006 and Corcoran became a Lead Nadcap Auditor in Chemical Processing and a qualiﬁed instructor for eQualearn, the education/training arm of the Performance Review Institute. Corcoran is a former business school professor and has specialized in teaching Nadcap Audit Preparation in Chemical Processing. He also teaches courses in Internal Auditing, Statistical Process Control, Contract Review, and Root Cause/Corrective Action. Corcoran also maintains and active consulting practice in the area of NADCAP preparation and training.